1. K & D Joinery Limited hereinafter called the “Company” sells its products only in accordance with the conditions of sale set out below. The Company will not accept any variation to these conditions unless previously given in writing by a Director of the Company. Failure to comply with these terms and conditions will invalidate any guarantee given by the Company.
2. All delivery dates given by the Company are approximate and not binding, and the Company can accept no responsibility in failing to do so or accept any liquidated damages arising from this. The Company does not accept liability for non-delivery as a result of: carriers, vehicle breakdowns, goods in transit, war, flooding, civil unrest, delays due to strikes or any cause beyond the Company’s control.
3. If the order is the result of an unsolicited call or visit by the Company, the customer has a 7 day period after signing the contract in which to cancel it by notice in writing to the Company without penalty. No cancellation of the whole or part of any order is permitted except where the order is as a result of an unsolicited call or visit as described above or where expressly agreed by the Company in writing. In the event of such agreed cancellation the customer shall indemnify the Company fully against all expenses incurred as a result of such cancellation. If the Company is required to place a deposit with a supplier in respect of your order then the Company may require the customer to reimburse the Company with.. this sum in the event of your cancellation of the order or any part thereof except where the order is as a result of an unsolicited call or visit and notice of cancellation in writing is given to the Company within 7 days as described above. Where cancellation involves goods or drawings designed, made or ordered specially for the customer then the customer will be liable for any costs incurred by the Company in respect of such cancellation except where the order is as a result of an unsolicited call or visit and notice of cancellation in writing is given to the Company within 7 days as described above.
4. The Company does not accept responsibility for building compliance design detail and the client is responsible for the structural integrity of the final design. If structural integrity details are required, these can be quoted for separately.
5. The Company may send to the client drawings for approval, which after 7 days will be deemed to have been approved.
6. No goods can be returned to the Company for credit. Any purpose made door, window or joinery item that has been incorrectly ordered by the customer and that has already been either received by the customer, or manufactured awaiting delivery or collection by the customer will be subject to payment in full, unless the order is the result of an unsolicited call or visit by the Company and the order is cancelled in writing within 7 days as described above.
7. Our Payment Terms are Strictly Nett Cash except for credit accounts. For Nett Cash terms, a deposit is due with order, with further payment mid manufacture and the final full balance due before any delivery. For installation, this element of payment will be due in full on completion of installation with no retention. Credit accounts are strictly due within 30 days following the month of delivery. Credit accounts may be opened at our discretion and subject to satisfactory trade references and to the observance by the customer of the credit terms. In the event of non-payment in accordance with the credit terms or if the accounts exceed credit limits the whole price for goods delivered shall immediately become due and payable and we reserve the right to withhold deliveries or cancel outstanding orders. We reserve the right to charge the current applicable interest on overdue accounts as specified by current legislation. The Company will charge 8% above the Bank of England base rate (or the current legislated amount) on the entire overdue invoice amount if the debt falls within the scope of The Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998 or The Late Payment of Commercial Debts Regulations (2002). Delays on delivery instructed by the customer may incur a full invoice and reasonable storage costs by the Company.